It's Bluebonnet Season!
It's the most wonderful time of the year.... in TEXAS! The Texas state flower, bluebonnets, make their first appearance of the year every March. Bluebonnets have already been spotted starting last week. Here is a list of just a few of the best spots to find these famous flowers.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with reserved advance tickets. 4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, TX 78739
- Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail - 1715 Cesar Chavez St (Austin High School)
- Brushy Creek Lake Park - Head north (3300 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park, TX 78613) to this beloved place to see them and take photos. Bonus that this park also has a playscape and lake full of ducks to entertain the kids.
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area - You can hike or mountain bike at this 654-acre park that has 9.8 miles of trails (2820 Co Rd 414, Spicewood, TX 78669)
- St. Edwards University - Bluebonnets bloom next to the university’s historic buildings (3001 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704) and you will have a great view of downtown.
Click here for more places to find bluebonnets!