Top Austin Summer Camps for 2018
The school year is coming to a close and you need to get your children signed up for summer camp. Austin, Texas is home to a number of summer camps for 2018. Here's a look at some of the top choices.
For the Younger Children (age 3 to 10)
If you have younger children, you can send them to summer camps in Austin to enjoy plenty of fun this year. There are several options for ages starting as low as three. Some of the top choices include:
- Jump! Gymnastics (age 3 to 12) - A day camp filled with fun and games, Jump! offers gymnastics, arts and crafts and so much more. Each week features a new theme, such as under the sea, superheroes and the Olympics.
- YPW Day Camp (age 3 to 12) - A chance to learn Spanish and the culture is available at the YPW Day Camp. It will be held at both the Central and West Austin locations.
- Kidventure (Pre-K to 6th grade) - Kids will enjoy all types of adventure activities at this day and overnight camp including swimming, rock climbing, zip lining and rappelling.
- Contemporary Austin Art School (Ages 4 and up) - If your child loves art, this is the right day camp for them. They will enjoy working with clay, painting and computer drawing.
There are several other great summer camps for younger children in Austin, as well.
For Older Children (Age 11 and Up)
While some of the summer camps have a wide range of ages they take, some are specifically designed for older children. If you have teenagers or pre-teens, the best summer camps in Austin for 2018 include:
- Epic Adventures (age 13 to 17) - Older children will enjoy kayaking, hiking and more on multi-day adventures at this camp.
- Rock About Climbing (ages 9 to 18) - Perfect for the child that loves to climb, hike and enjoy the outdoors, Rock About Climbing is a day camp held at the Enchanted Rock, Barton Creek greenbelt and Reimer's Ranch.
- Band Aid School of Music (age 8 to 18) - A great choice for the child that loves to play an instrument, this summer camp will teach them how to form a rock band, record a song and perform.
- Austin School of Film (age 9 to 18) - Another great camp for older children, this one features film. Your child will learn all about live action and animated films from professional filmmakers.
There are several other great summer camps for older children to enjoy in Austin, as well.
Other choices for Austin summer camps in 2018 include:
- Camp 512 for Kindergarten to eighth grade
- Camp Balcones for ages 6 to 12
- Camp on the Move for ages 8 to 14
- Camp Wildflower for preschool to fifth grade
- Camp for All for ages 5 to adult
- All-Star Sports Camp for ages 5 to 13
- Sailing Camp for ages 8 to 16
- And Many More!
There are camps for active children, musical children, and even special needs children all throughout Austin. If you're looking for a great summer camp, choose from one of the options above.