San Antonio Holiday Season Traditions
Living in San Antonio means you get to enjoy unique holiday traditions and events. This isn't a northern city with snow, sledding and all kinds of cold holiday festivals. However, San Antonio still provides a great holiday season for residents. Here are some of the things you can expect to enjoy throughout the city during the holidays.
Light The Way
With about one million lights decorating the University of the Incarnate Word Campus, you can enjoy this holiday kickoff event. It will be held on November 21st at 7:30pm.
Ford Holiday River Parade & Lighting Festival
Another great holiday event held the day after Thanksgiving; this festival features plenty of lights and plenty of floats at the River Walk. It will be held on November 27th and this is one of the only nighttime river parades in the entire country.
Ford Fiesta de Las Luminarias
Running from December 4th to 20th, this event provides more than 6,000 luminarias along the banks of the San Antonio River. It's a great event and provides one of the longest traditions in the area.
San Antonio Holiday Traditions
If you want to enjoy some of the best traditions in the area, you can choose from any of the following:
- Mariachi Vargas Extravaganza - November 15th to 21st
- Holiday in Bloom - November 27th to December 31st
- Ford Holiday Boat Caroling - December 2nd to 20th
- A Christmas Carol - December 3rd to 21st
- Tamales at Pearl - December 5th
- La Tamalada and Time Travel Saturday: South Texas Holiday Traditions at the Witte Museum - December 12th
- La Gran Tamalada - December 12th
- Valero Alamo Bowl - January 2nd
- U.S. Army All-American Bowl - January 9th
Along with all of these San Antonio Holiday traditions, you can enjoy the celebrations at the many Theme Parks and the Zoo Lights display.