Restaurant Spotlight: Hoody's Sub Shop
Hoody's Sub Shop, an East Coast style sub shop, is founded by Mr. Hood, or more commonly known as “Hoody” in the neighborhood, in 1989. To ensure quality of the subs, only premium cheese and meats from Boar’s Head are used and fresh ingredients are prepared daily. The meat, onions and other ingredients are grilled and cooked right after the order is made, which provides the freshest possible subs.
The restaurant provides a warm family atmosphere. The owner and the staff will have a nice conversation with you as your sub is being made. They are always very friendly. Located just next to Round Rock High School, Hoody’s sub is not just popular with the adults, but also with the teenagers.
All sandwiches come with tomato, lettuce, pickle and onion, but feel free to add extras to your sub, including mayonnaise, mustard, spices and oil. The subs are also available in small or large size. Some of the options you will find in the menu include:
- Philly Cheesesteak filled with Grilled Ribeye Steak, Mushrooms, Onions & Peppers
- Chicken Cheesesteak filled with Grilled Chicken, Mushrooms, Onions & Peppers
- Meatball filled with Meatballs, Provolone Cheese, Onions & Peppers
- Special containing Salami, Provolone Cheese, Cappicola, Prosciuttino & Boiled Ham
- Club containing Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham & Provolone Cheese
- Cajun Turkey filled with Spicy Cajun Turkey and Provolone Cheese
Hoody’s also offers daily lunch specials for sub with combo and drinks at only $6.99. For a group of 12 to 15 people, you can purchase the party tray which is available for pick up or delivery.